Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Sullivan Family & Newborn Baby Photographs [Las Vegas Photographer]

2 years ago I had the pleasure of photographing newborn Rhyle! Now Rhyle is the big brother and got to be part of the newborn/family pictures of his little sister Sadie! I traveled this weekend to California! I got to say goodbye to my hubby's childhood home & the home I spent a lot of time raising my own boys, visit with my dad and sister and then spent a whole day visiting with my mom and her husband Steve and did a few shoots. It was a wonderful weekend and I am so glad this family got me out of Las Vegas to make it all happen!

We started off with some toddler pictures of Rhyle. We wanted to make sure we got him before naptime :-). He is such a little stud muffin and sweetheart! He kept taking me by the hand, pulling me along and saying "Kira, go outside?" So cute!! And as you can see in these pictures "outside" is so beautiful! Such a stunning backyard!! After snapping so cute action shots of him we took some family pictures and then moved along to pictures of Sadie! OH MY GOODNESS! She is darling!! She was so incredibly easy to take pictures of! When she started to get a little fussy, I was able to hold her and feed her. I couldn't help but to tear up a bit! Just precious! 

Now, I have props that I use...sometimes. I mainly use them if we are going to a location that doesn't have much around or if I'm in my studio, but if I am in someones home, I try to use their surroundings because then the shoot becomes that much more personal and memorable. Then in 75 years, grand kids can look at that birdbath (in the pictures below) and say "Grandma Sadie, can you believe you fit into that birdbath 75 years ago?!" Anyway, that's just what I love! 

Thank you Sullivan's for this amazing opportunity!! Cant wait for many more!




























5 comments:

  1. Kira,

    These photos are so wonderful! Thank you so much. I'm so glad we get to benefit from your amazing eye and raw talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyttle, it is truly my pleasure and it was so easy with you guys! Thank you again bringing my out there and giving me the opportunity!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kira - I also want to thank you. These pictures are really outstanding. You did a fantastic, unbelievable job capturing the love and energy in the Sullivan household. I cannot thank you enough for your great work. Best, Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kira, these are just beautiful. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys for the comments!
    Stephen, your family is gorgeous! I wouldn't miss this opportunity! Thank you for it!

    ReplyDelete